Question:
question for AVG fan boys?
steven25t
2010-09-25 15:35:41 UTC
does your AVG have antirootkit? and does it protect you computer in real time?
Four answers:
?
2010-09-25 15:38:24 UTC
AVG's free edition does not have Rootkit protection, but it does have real-time protection.

AVG AntiVirus and AVG Internet Security both have Rootkit protection and real-time protection.

I would download an anti-virus with anti-Rootkit and uninstall AVG. Microsoft Security Essentials and Avira are both good free anti-viruses with anti-Rootkit. KASPERSKY is a good one, but it's not free.

Oh, I forgot, if you do get a Rootkit, it's best to reformat your OS, for Rootkits usually will not be fully removed by an anti-virus.

I did not say that it was necessary, but some anti-virus software will not remove one 100%
Krystle
2016-08-25 16:36:23 UTC
2
?
2010-09-25 15:41:03 UTC
AVG Internet security 9 has an anti-rootkit feature, and it does protect your computer in real time with a firewall

Here are the features in AVG Internet security 9:

Anti-Virus

Anti-Spyware

Anti-Spam

Firewall

Link Scanner

Anti-Rootkit

System Tools

E-mail Scanner

ID protection

Online Protection

Resident Shield

Update Manager
Chip
2010-09-25 15:38:59 UTC
All version of AVG provide real-time protection.

Only the paid version of AVG has anti-rootkit.