Question:
Password on my PC?
Timberwolf
2006-09-04 20:40:14 UTC
My daugter was staying with me for a time and used my laptop frequently. When she left, I discovered she had put a password on my computer stoping it from starting up until I entered it. I was able to get the password from her, but I want it removed. I am over 60 years old and want to be able to just start up my laptop without the password. I have windows 98 2nd edition - can anyone tell me where to go to get this password removed?
Seven answers:
Ron K
2006-09-04 20:47:56 UTC
From the Control Panel:

Open up users and password settings.

First- change the default password to nothing...

it will ask you to enter your old password first.

then it will ask you to enter a new password

(just hit enter without entering one)

then it will ask you to CONFIRM your new password.

and hit enter again.

then you can have it set to automaticly log in a certain user

each time you boot up.

if you need any more help, email me and I will try to be

more specific.
JJcD
2006-09-05 03:46:47 UTC
go to settings or control panel the n user accounts or passwords an then pick the account u hav an put remove password
2006-09-05 03:44:22 UTC
id go thru the seach section in your computer and type users or passwords, something is bound to come up - i have xp edition so im unsure but you should be able to delete the password by typing it in, another way if you cna get rid of it would be to just press Esc and the password box should just go when you log on
2006-09-05 03:53:35 UTC
Go to Start>Control Panel>Passwords and then go from there. Maybe ask your daughter how she set it.
gemini
2006-09-05 05:09:46 UTC
Remove the cmos battery for 24hrs, this should remove all passwords.Good luck...Steve
2006-09-05 03:47:14 UTC
I don't know ...maybe call your daughter and ask her to walk you through removing it?
Tony
2006-09-05 03:54:42 UTC
step 1

search the all files *.pwd