Question:
Internet cookie issues?
Ernestro Zdgnbxsfn
2010-06-21 14:33:55 UTC
For about 3 months now i've been having incredible issues with cookies. There are several sites I cannot login to because of this and it has gotten very frustrating.

I've tried resetting my cookies and setting the priorities to low. Any browser I use has this issue.

Mediafire tells me there is an issue with my cookies as well and does not allow me to use their services. When I log into many sites it says my browser failed to save the login cookie even though other sites clearly logme oin without difficulty.

Please help me with this, it has gotten out of hand after various attempts to fix it
Three answers:
2010-06-21 17:38:07 UTC
For Firefox, configure this first:

Tools> Options> Privacy: top drop menu set to "Firefox will use custom settings..."> Check 'Accept Cookies from sites'

►Un-Check 'Accept 3rd Party cookies'

Go to the site needing cookies> copy that URL> Tools> options> Privacy> Exceptions> (paste that URL into slot)> Allow> Close.

This small utility will assist managing (allow/disallow) cookies on a "site-by-site" basis:

Cookie Button 0.9.3: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1247

"NoScript' users may have to "allow....." from the blue 'S' tray icon.

Supplemental blockers, in browsers mainly, may have to be muted, or 'site allowed'.

No need to relax any other cookie settings (which help deter junk ads, pop-ups', malware etc.):

Internet Explorer users, do this first (IE, pre-8, should NOT be used: to many 'broken' security aspects):

Tools> Internet options> Security> tick the "Internet" icon> Security level box> set slider to "Medium high"> OK out.

Then:

Go to the site needing approval & copy the URL from address bar, then:

Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Sites> paste that URL into top line> Allow> OK> OK.

The "Pop-up Blocker" may also need to be modified to accommodate the site.

Tools> Internet Options> Pop up blocker heading> Settings> repeat URL pasting into the slot> Close> OK.

General cookie settings should be:

Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Advanced: tick "Override..."; Allow 1st party cookies; Allow session Cookies ►BLOCK 3rd Party cookies> OK> OK.

********

As well as the above, you must configure to NOT clear those cookies you want to retain when closing the browser.

This can be done through the browser configurations mainly, but some 'clean-up' utilities (such as "CCleaner") scrub out cookies, and they must be told 'hands off'.
meisel
2016-12-17 09:29:30 UTC
some internet web pages require Cookies and JavaScript be grew to become on with a view to bypass to their web pages. they may be grew to become off on your browser. in case you’re using Firefox it’s quite ordinary to envision and change on and rancid. to envision JavaScript click on: techniques>suggestions>content textile and placed a examine mark in the “enable JavaScript” field. to envision Cookies click on: techniques>suggestions>privateness and placed a examine mark in the “settle for cookies from web pages” field. Then look at the web pages that have been rejecting you.
2010-06-21 14:51:05 UTC
try reinstalling the cookies