Question:
computer issues?
2007-12-03 18:03:38 UTC
i have a virus on my computer that allows pop ups show on my computer even if im not on the internet. another issue i found out was that when i go to my internet options, click on block all cookies, save it and then open up another internet site and look at my internet options, it'll say allow all cookies.... it wont stick to block all cookies.. it keeps changing

ugh any NICE advice?
Six answers:
2007-12-03 18:06:28 UTC
Sounds like a harmless enough virus.

Personally my favorite for obliterating virus's is Spybot.

If that doesn't work you can always reformat, but i doubt that'll be needed ;).
2007-12-04 02:08:27 UTC
Seems you got a virus on your hands..

Try to run a few virus scans.. And if you don't have any antivirus software I would recommend Norton.

and as for your internet issue... Are you using internet explorer? because if you are I would try firefox (google it). It is much less spyware and virus prone than the built in internet explorer, and it probably won't have that cookie problem.
2007-12-04 02:09:10 UTC
Install an antivirus program on your computer. Before you even install it, the program searches your computer for viruses and gets rid of them immediately. Having an antivirus program is good to have, especially since it is really easy to get viruses from the internet. You'll always be protected and won't have to worry about pesky viruses.

I recommend Norton Internet Security 2008.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/products/overview.jsp?pcid=is&pvid=nis2008

Good luck!
Horsed
2007-12-04 02:07:50 UTC
get a program such as Norton Anitvirus. I like this program will delete viruses and cookies automatically. it runs a scan once a week at whatever time and day you set it at.
2007-12-04 02:09:53 UTC
Go to download.com and get all these FREE apps:

1. spywareblaster - it'll prevent viruses etc from even installing. make sure you enable all protections after updating it each week.

2. spyware doctor - update it each week and run weekly.

3. spybot s&d - update weekly, immunize, & run weekly.

4. ad-aware SE - update weekly & run wkly.

5. avg 7.5 - update weekly and setup the scheduler to run wkly

6. ccleaner - update everytime and run wkly

7. regscrub xp - run wkly (will not work on Vista)
2007-12-04 02:06:40 UTC
System Restore/Spybot.com