Question:
what is the best anti-virus program on the market?
2008-08-10 09:03:53 UTC
what is the best anti-virus program on the market?
Eleven answers:
suresh_sachi
2008-08-10 09:08:03 UTC
i personally feel NOD32 is very good, it occupies lesser space on the hard disk, takes up less RAM space and also fast. Searches files inside zipped files, searches inside system files, and detects most of the viruses. Has been selected as the best antivirus software too by some survey. Check out comparison of antivirus softwares on sites like mouthshut.com
2016-11-06 13:51:17 UTC
For the human beings recommending AVG for antivirus end! that is not any longer the wonderful loose one no longer even close. Avira Antivir and Avast are extra desirable smart and loose. Comodo is a stable firewall or Zonealarm Malwarebytes and superanti undercover agent ware are stable anti spywareprograms. extra advantageous kit care is a stable application for dashing desktops up and its loose! There are some stable Antivirus application, yet dont have confidence every person that publicizes AVG. Avira has a ninety 9% detection fee it somewhat is larger smart then Norton. Avast has some 95% detection fee. Avg has a eighty 5%. in case you desire to pay for some thing get kaspersky techniques superhighway preserve practices that's the wonderful on the marketplace. Newegg has it on sale for 19.ninety 9 and amazon has it for 15$.
cotojo
2008-08-10 09:13:03 UTC
Many will say AVG, but through the questions I have answered here and on my blog I do not believe that V8 is as good as its predecessors.

Personally, I use and recommend Avast anti-virus better definitions, anti-spyware and anti-rootkit built in, faster and more reliable:

http://www.download.com/Avast-Home-Edition/3000-2239_4-10019223.html?part=dl-AvastHome&subj=dl&tag=button&cdlPid=10852750

Setup Guide:

http://cotojo.wordpress.com/2008/07/15

Features include Anti-spyware, Anti-rootkit, Antivirus kernel, Automatic updates, Integrated Virus Cleaner, International Languages, Network Shield, P2P and IM Shields, Resident protection, Simple User Interface, Strong self-protection, Support for 64-bit Windows Systems, System integration.

Low resources and regular updates of program and definition files.
Sudheer
2008-08-10 09:08:33 UTC
Symantec Norton Anti-virus is the best anti-virus program
2008-08-10 09:08:01 UTC
AVG is a very good anti virus program which will alert you ASAP if you have a virus and will even tell you if a webpage has any viruses on it...i suggest you download AVG free off the net
xXBrudu BXx
2008-08-10 09:08:08 UTC
Mc Afee and Norton are both strong programs offering good protection from viruses. The only problem with them is they tend to use a lot of the CPU power, and make the computer slow. They also have an auto-protect feature, which is good, but can make opening files slower than normal.
2008-08-10 09:08:02 UTC
If you want to buy:

1.Bitdefender Total Security 2008

2.Kaspersky Internet Security

If you want free:

AVG 8 free.
ss
2008-08-10 09:13:00 UTC
Kaspersky and Norton
whyvas
2008-08-10 09:14:41 UTC
Norton and Mcaffee are horrible resource hogs, avoid them and use AVG free.
helpdesk916 ♦♣♠♥
2008-08-10 09:09:06 UTC
- AVG - free

- Norton AntiVirus - not free