Question:
will downloading, another anti spyware system, interfere with norton 2006?
iafarmboy2004
2006-02-01 14:44:51 UTC
will downloading, another anti spyware system, interfere with norton 2006?
Eleven answers:
2006-02-01 14:45:28 UTC
No.
2006-02-01 14:57:03 UTC
No, an antispyware program is a different type of program, and will not interfere with an antivirus program. However, you should never have more than one antivirus or spyware installed, they can interfere with each other and cause your computer to freeze up or crash. Plus, you don't really need all that If you're still looking for an antispyware program, I would recommend wither Microsoft Antispyware or Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition. The Microsoft product is easier to use and you can set scans to run on a schedule, so that they won't interfere with your work, and it also has real-time protection, so most spyware programs won't get installed in the first place.
conradj213
2006-02-01 14:47:19 UTC
No, it won't. But why are you using Norton, AVG is a much better and free anti-virus solution, http://free.grisoft.com/

Yeah, Norton doesn't protect you from Spyware unless you have the NIS 2005 AntiSpyware suite. And, even if you do it is better to have three scanners than one because no one anti-spyware program will detect everything. But, DO NOT run two anti-virus programs at the same time.
2006-02-01 14:46:45 UTC
I run Spyware Search and Destroy plus Ad-Aware SE plus Microsoft Spyware beta without interfering with Norton.
Easternwind
2006-02-01 23:21:41 UTC
If anti-spyware software has real time protection, it will

interfere with norton internet security and system speed goes slow. So you should use an anti-spyware software like Adaware that has not real time protection for free downloading but using Webroot anti-spyware or Microsoft anti-spyware can decelerate your system speed.
gscualo
2006-02-01 14:50:32 UTC
No, in fact Norton 2006 antivirus doesn't run antispyware check, that's probably you're looking for more protection.

Mcafee antivirus does it, but ...the antispyware software is allways a better doble check solution against that.
nc_halfpint
2006-02-01 14:48:25 UTC
Trend micro has a great online spyware scan you can run, it often gets stuff Norton doesn't and there is nothing to install.
2006-02-01 14:48:25 UTC
I recomend you don´t "download" anything.

It will not interfere, but they would both be uselessly boubleing efforts at doing the same thing.

Norton is a great program, and any other program that you can download, even if it´s a great one, it would never be better.
2006-02-01 14:46:47 UTC
It all depends which ones you get, but it might...in my opinion, Norton lets things through too easily, i'm using Zone Alarm, you should try that one out, its got a firewall, IM security, spam filters for your email and Antivirus/Antispyware scanners
Alli-son
2006-02-01 14:46:37 UTC
no it wont i have norton and a spyware program on my PC
pinkstealth
2006-02-01 14:49:05 UTC
no, I have counter spy and norton 2006.