Question:
i think i have spyware or adware ?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
i think i have spyware or adware ?
Ten answers:
dahniel
2007-09-02 14:48:03 UTC
try Ad-Adware SE Personal. its free and effective.
?
2016-08-23 04:45:29 UTC
2
Someone
2007-09-02 15:30:33 UTC
Do a full scan with Spyware Terminator http://spywareterminator.com
2007-09-02 15:24:13 UTC
if you haven't lost heart after all the above replies, just go here http://www.google-earth-download.net/part-of-google-pack.php install adaware (and norton if you need an antivirus) update them both, use them both to scan your computer.

http://www.google-earth-download.net/part-of-google-pack.php

good luck
Sweetielicious
2007-09-02 15:06:13 UTC
removal instrurctions here:

Sídhe
2007-09-02 15:05:48 UTC
You are right on the money. VirusProtect Pro is very likely the culprit. As listed on one website sourced below: "VirusProtect Pro is installed via a type of Trojan infection called Zlob Trojans which masquerade as video or audio codecs required to view a movie or listen to a audio file."

There are a number of websites dedicated to assisting people remove this malware, which I've listed under sources:
techchick
2007-09-02 15:05:02 UTC
How To Remove Virusprotectpro Or Virusprotect Pro (removal Instructions)

♥Shania♥
2007-09-02 14:51:19 UTC
Hi

My sister had the same thing on her computer. I used Spyware Terminator to remove it. Here is the link to Spyware Terminator and to other free anti-spyware and anti-virus programs:

Spyware Terminator:

http://www.spywareterminator.com/

Super Anti-Spyware:

http://www.superantispyware.com/index.html

Ad-Aware 2007 Free:

http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php?PHPSESSID=4f05e3e8395b47d9b000cea8632d8f39

AVG Anti-Virus:

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/download-free-anti-virus/us/crp/0

Avast:

If you are interested in more programs for your computer, go to: http://www.download.com/Antivirus-Firewall-Spyware/2001-2023_4-0.html?tag=dir

I hope this helps you
2007-09-02 14:48:45 UTC
VIRUS REMOVAL:

this is a realll P.I.A. !!!

THE 1ST PART YOU NEED TO DO offline:

run anti-virus program

run anti spyware program

shut down System Restore

clear cookies

clear temp files

clear history

clear pre-fetch folder

clear out ALL emails starting at 2-3 days ago or when you 1st knew you were infected in:

ALL folders

sent

trash

junk

bookmarks or favorites folder in I.E. or Firefox

as you can see,there's QUITE a bit of work ahead of you.

shut down System Restore:

virus/spyware can hide in your system restore points so we shall delete all previous restore links hiding places by turning system restore OFF.

later,when we finish,we'll turn it back on,set up a new [ CLEAN ] restore to work from in the future.

hopefully,lol,you'll never need it !

XP Home:

start

all programs

accessories

system tools

system restore

settings

drive [c]

settings

check the OFF link

VISTA:

start

control panel

performance and information tools

open disk clean up

select o.s. [c]

select more options

select system restore and shadow copies

select clean up

XP Home & Vista:

start

control panel

internet options

general

clear cookies

clear temp files

clear history

and set history days to keep to 0

clear temp files

not all your temp files will be romoved so easily,so we need to do this manually as well.

start

my computer [ or just computer in Vista ]

windows

temp

file

click each file and delete

Clear Pre-Fetch Files

start

my computer [ or just computer in Vista ]

windows

prefetch

file

select all

press delete key on keyboard

empty recycle bin

run anti-virus and anti-spyweare programs again

when your protection programs find any pirates,DELETE them,do NOT quarentine !!

should you NOT have ANY protection programs installed:

Avast--anti-virus

AD Aware--anti-spyware

Spyware Blaster--anti-spyware blocker

Rootkit Revealer--anti-rootkit

Arovax

PC Tools Firewall--firewall to replace MS's deficient firewall [ turn that sucker OOF ! ] and replace with above.

replace windows firewall with PC Tools firewall

install Arovax protection and choose protection for internet explore if you use it,firefox if you use that or opera if you use that

install spyware blaster and set for internet explorer and/or firefox protection

should you choose to install Firefox web browser [ and you SHOULD ]

here are some Firefox Security Extensions to install

CallingID Link Advisor

Finjan Secure Web Browing

No Script

Dr. Web

SafeDownloads

http://browseraddons.friendpages.com

now it's time to set up your new [ clean ] restore point

XP Home:

start

all programs

accessories

system tools

system restore

settings

drive [c]

settings

check the ON link

Vista:

start

control panel

back up and restore center

create restore point

create restore points on selected disks

select drive

click create

apply and ok

FINALLY....

SECURE COMPUTER:

NEVER !! :

open an email from:

anyone you do NOT know/trust

anyone purporting to be/from:

Microsoft

your bank

your creditors

your goverment

your financial company/ies

even your lawyer/s or church UNLESS you have a prior agreement with them

online petetion

contains attachment/s

SAFE EMAIL SET UP:

YAHOO:

open options link on your email page

select spam

Spam Protection

Choose the tools you'll use to protect your mail account from spam. Not sure what tools you need? Take a look at our Setup Guide for help.

Spam Filter

SpamGuard is ON

For messages SpamGuard identifies as Spam:

Immediately delete these messages upon receipt. (Note: If you choose this option, you will not be able to review the messages before they are deleted.)

When I mark a message as Spam, in addition to deleting the message:

Add the sender's email address to my blocked addresses list

Image Blocking

Block images in messages that SpamGuard thinks are spam

[ possible but 1 or the other ]

Block all images until I've had a chance to look it over

Block Addresses

Block addresses from which you don't want to receive mail.

Add Block

Enter email address (or domain) to block:

GMAIL:

Gmail has an EXCELLENT spam filter,learn to trust it.

Spam Filtering is automatic,unlikeYahoo.

Gmail offers a secound way to protect your inbox by using filters.

1st,you need to create labels [ folders ] to store your filtered email in.

then create the label filter.

SETTINGS:FILTERS:

Create a new filter

Create a Filter

Choose search criteria - Specify the criteria you'd like to use for determining what to do with a message as it arrives. Use "Test Search" to see which messages would have been filtered using these criteria.

From: Has the words:

To: Doesn't have:

Subject: Has attachment

after you fill the above out,you go to label [ folder ] selection.

MSN HOTMAIL:

on your email page,select options then more options

Junk e-mail

Filters and reporting

Safe and blocked senders

choose from these choices:

Safe and blocked senders

Safe senders

Manage who is allowed to send you e-mail. Messages from safe senders will not be sent to the junk e-mail folder.

Safe mailing lists

Manage which mailing lists are sent to your account. Messages to safe mailing lists will not be sent to the junk e-mail folder.

Blocked senders

Manage who is blocked from sending you e-mail. Messages from blocked senders are automatically deleted.

WINDOWS LIVE MAIL:

JUNK E-mail

safe list only

permanently delete suspected junk e-mail

Safe Senders:

add e-mail addresses to your safe list here

check:

also trust my Windows Contacts

automatically add people i e-mail to the safe senders list

Blocked Senders:

add senders addresses here to create a blocked address list

International:

Blocked Encoding List:

choose the language pack you do NOT want downloaded into your inbox here

Phishing:

check:

protect me from potential Phising emails

move phishing emails to junk

apply & ok

Windows Live Mail has 2 other options:

Tools

message rules

mail

condiotions:

where you choose:

from

subject

content and more

Message:

junk e-mail

add to:

safe senders

blocked senders

Web Browsers:

Internet Explorer:

XP Home & Vista:

start

control panel

internet options

general

history:

clear history

set days to keep to 0

Privacy:

override

First-party Cookies:

Accept

Always allow session cookies

Third-party [ spyware ] Cookies

Block

ok

Content:

content advisor

Enable

ratings:

set content you do NOT want permitted

Approved Sites:

add websites that ARE allowed ALWAYS here

apply & ok

Advanced:

Phishing Filter

enable

Security:

for Internet--Trusted Sites--Restricted Sites

custom

Enable Protected Mode

Custom Level:

XP Home:

Active X:

uncheck each active x control marked:

unsafe

unsigned

Vista:

be sure Active X controls and plugins is marked disable

as well as Automatic prompting for Active X controls

and download unsigned Active X controls

and Intialize and script Active X conttrols not marked as safe

XP & VISTA:

Access data sources across domains-disable

Allow scripting of Internet Explorer web browser control

disable

Allow script-initiated windows without size or position

disable

Allow websites to open windows without address or status bars

disable

Don't prompt for client certificate selection when none exist

Navigate sub-frames across different domains

disable

Use Phishing filter

enable

Allow status bar updates via script

disable

now for your Restricted Zone,EVERYTHING should be disabled EXCEPT:

Pop up blocker

Phishing Filter

[internet,trusted,restricted]

download signed-PROMPT

auto-prompt-DISABLE

binary & script-ENABLE

download UNsigned-DISABLE

download UNsafe-DISABLE

run active x-ENABLE

download SAFE -ENABLE

Spy Sites

Stop Web Sites from installing Spyware, Sleazeware and Cookies on your PC

SpySites includes a database of over 4,600

known Spy/Sleaze sites and guides you

through the simple process of including them in

Internet Explorer's Restricted Zone and setting policies

to prevent them from performing intrusive acts on your PC.

By setting the policies for the Restricted

sites zone to a very high level of security,

you can be assured that any web sites added

to the Restricted sites zone cannot do

certain things which could compromise your privacy

and security such as installing and/or running:

Spysites

http://camtech2000.net/Pages/SpySites_Program.html#SpySitesFree

Pre-Fetch File Cleaing

pre-fetch files are "cached" or stored copies of files/websites you visit each session

after a period of time,these files hog up a LOT of disk space

for this reason,i advocate the deletion weekly of those space hogs

some claim that windows will automatically remove files older than 7 days

I have found MY pc does NOT perform this task so I do it manually

what happens is,when you go to a website,your pc looks into your pre-fetch file/folder

to see if that website is "cached",stored there FIRST

this gives you a faster website load,BUT,you get the "cached" version and NOT the NEWEST version

unless you have "check for newest version" cheched in internet options

it may take that website 1/2 a second longer to load

but,you'll get the newest version loading each time

as added security,spyware removers often miss these files,so delete them manually.

My Computer,disk drive [c],windows,pre-fetch,view,select all,select delete

same situation with Temp files:

Temp File Folder

i use Disk Clean to clean up extraneous files i no longer need

however,everytime i use Disk Clean,it DOESN'T clean out Temp Files!

solution?

My Computer,local disk drive [c],windows,temp

you can safely delete each temp file there.

i leave the most current [that day] alone.

also,do not delete any FOLDER there

folders have a folder icon,leave alone

[ Vista,it's Computer ]

Firefox Web Browser:

tools

options

content

check block pop ups

load images automatically:

exceptions:

enter those websites addresses that show up on pop ups that appear AFTER you close a browser window

also add those same urls to

Privacy

Cookies

Exceptions

there are a number of kewl Security add on firefox extensions i use and they are:

CallingID link advisor

Dr. Web [ link checker ]

Finjan Secure Web Browsing

No Script

SafeDownload

http://browseraddons.friendpages.com

IF you follow all the above suggestions,you'll not have the Fort Knox of computers,but Dammed close !
2007-09-02 14:51:27 UTC
VirusProtect Pro, also known as VirusProtectPro, is the latest rogue anti-spyware program to come out from the makers of SpyDawn and VirusBurst. VirusProtect Pro is installed by a trojan called Zlob, which attempts to trick you into buying the alleged anti-spyware program. Once you're infected with VirusProtect Pro, a fake security message similar to a Windows notification pops up saying your PC is infected with malware. This VirusProtect Pro message is used to lure you into purchasing, downloading and installing their program to remove the imaginary spyware.

There are 2 ways you cn remove it. Both are free.

SUPERAntiSpyware will remove ALL the Spyware, NOT just the easy ones!

Easily remove over 100,000 pests such as SmitFraud, Vundo, WinFixer, SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, WinAntiVirus, AntiVermins and thousands more!

http://www.superantispyware.com

Try using the smitfraud fix. This will remove it.

http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php