Question:
help!!! i think my computer have a virus...?
ilo.
2007-10-23 03:30:17 UTC
i got both anti-virus and anti spyware software but when i scan for virus, they say there's none.... i try to reset my homepage but it keep going to this website http://aconfidenceonline.com/ and it also flash a warning sign. it stated w32.Myzor.FK@yf is a virus that infects files with .exe extensions. it attempts to steal password password and private information from infected computer.
Is this a virus? if so, what should i do? is there any free software to get rid of it?
your help is very much appreciated...
Seven answers:
Bobo_the_Ebola_Monkey
2007-10-23 03:37:37 UTC
Try this:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Jason
2007-10-23 03:58:51 UTC
Ok, that flashy message is fake. The website is trying to trick you into thinking that you have a virus, and that clicking on ok will save you. the trouble is that when you click OK, you are sent to a website that trys to sell you anti-spyware software.

Kinda funny, isn't it? A company uses spyware to sell you something to get rid of spyware! WTF!

However, you DO have spyware on your computer, and that spyware is resetting your homepage all the time to take you to this website. If the anti-spyware stuff you have now isn't finding it, than I suggest you try one from a different source. I use Windows Defender from Microsoft, myself and here's the link for it.

Most spyware comes to you when you download some cute little game or toolbar from whatever website you got it from. When you install the game or toolbar, it installs the spyware with it. Most software installs with a 'use agreement', or 'license agreement', where you have to click OK, or click I AGREE before you can continue. Read all of that before you click it. if the game or whatever you just downloaded has spyware with it, that's where you're gonna find out.
techchick
2007-10-23 04:12:10 UTC
CoolWebShredder (CWShredder) - A small utility for removing the browser hijack CoolWebSearch and it's variants

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popup-Ad-Spyware-Blockers/CWShredder.shtml

HijackThis 1.99.1

HijackThis Tutorial - How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers & Spyware

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/htlogtutorial.php

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial42.html

http://aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm

HijackReader 1.03 Beta - This is a must to run the program on your own!

http://www.majorgeeks.com/HijackReader_d5385.html

SmitFraudFix

http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php

How to use SmitFraudFix

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-use-SmitFraudFix-t109268.html

*SmitFraudFix is a tool that S!Ri created to remove rogue anti-spyware applications that utilize Trojans to issue fake

taskbar security alerts or that change your background in order to scare you into purchasing the full commercial version of their software..

These infections are difficult to remove and are usually bundled with so much other malware,

that traditional antispyware or antivirus programs have difficult completely cleaning these infections.

Due to this a specialized tool was created in order to help a user clean their system of these infections.
AnAmericanGuywholivesinJapan
2007-10-23 03:38:50 UTC
First of all it's not a virus, it's a trojan. Second there is a way to get rid of it because i had this problem too.

If you want to get rid of this thing go to http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=405, it really helped me get rid of it.
BitbyBit
2007-10-23 03:39:47 UTC
hi, you haven't a virus you have a TROJAN in your system so try to scan the computer with " Ad-Aware 2007 " then reset your IE ;)
liljohn151988@sbcglobal.net
2007-10-23 03:38:27 UTC
avg offers a pretty decent free anti viruse software try going to http://avg.com you can get an anit-spy from them also
N R Mohanraj
2007-10-23 03:39:44 UTC
Install spybot or adaware & do a full scan.

Visit http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=405