Question:
What's the best anti virus software?
charmed_4x
2006-03-18 06:25:22 UTC
I hear that McAfee isn't the best and that Norton AntiVirus is better but is there anything besides those that are better? If not, which of the 2 are?
Five answers:
hans
2006-03-18 12:33:07 UTC
There is no antivirus that can solve all problems ( In my opinion =) )

Depends on how vulnerable your PC is, you can run different programs periodically to detect malware.

I personally used all of the free online scanner below.

Kapersky, Activescan Panda, Trend-Micro, Norton security response. AVG is pretty good as well.

Last thing is, use firewall, anti-spyware program if necessary.
prad
2006-03-18 06:36:43 UTC
hey, it depends on the O/s.

You may check this out:

Platinum Internet Security 2005

===============================

Panda Software's Platinum Internet Security 2005 combines antivirus, firewall, and spam filtering along with its new TruPrevent Technology. Both AV-Test.org and ICSA Labs have tested the TruPrevent claims of behavioral, non-signature detection of new malware. And both have found the claims to be true. (TruPrevent Technology can also be purchased separately as an add-on to other antivirus protection).

PC-cillin Internet Security 2005

Building on its solid antivirus capabilities, PC-cillin Internet Security 2005 includes spam and spyware protection, wireless device protection, firewall, privacy data protection, parental controls, and a year's free tech support via a toll-free number. The software automatically checks for new virus updates every 3 hours and the spam prevention includes a whitelist, blacklist, and Bayesian filter - all at a price substantially lower than many other antivirus suites.
2006-03-18 06:35:40 UTC
Norton is a major name but try the Norton Internet securtiy not just the anti virus.... it's good
Julie F
2006-03-18 07:38:57 UTC
I use AGV and I like it. It works great!
RAPP
2006-03-18 06:35:09 UTC
AVG.