Question:
my daughter set herself a pass word on the pc and has forgotten her password?
hotpickshot
2009-10-18 14:34:28 UTC
my daughter set a password on her pc and cannot remember it ,its a week old what can she do
Twelve answers:
?
2009-10-18 18:07:21 UTC
use windows password unlocker, which is powerful.
?
2009-10-19 05:13:26 UTC
You can try clearing the password via the Administrator login, if your machine has one.

1. Log out and reboot your machine.

2. When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key repeatedly.

3. Select Safe Mode from the resulting menu with the arrow keys.

4. The machine will continue booting, but the Windows desktop will look different. You won't be able to see the Internet, for instance. Log in as Administrator. Administrator often has no password.

5. Click on the Start->Control Panel menu item.

6. Click on User Accounts.

7. Click on your regular account.

8. Click on Remove the Password.

9. Finish up and reboot normally.

Good luck.
bowled over
2009-10-18 21:44:55 UTC
silly girl could it be a nickname or a set of letters and numbers or even a middle name what about a friends name hope this maybe jogs her memory. if she didn't put her password in straight away she could do a system restore and take it back a day
There are Cylons amoung us
2009-10-18 21:44:19 UTC
use ophcrack or use another Local administrator account to log in and wipe the password
Just me again ☺
2009-10-18 21:44:03 UTC
If it's only a week old then she probably doesn't have to much data to lose. So I would suggest using your recovery disk and just reinstall the operating system.
John
2009-10-18 21:48:41 UTC
What version of Windows are you using. Let me know and I'll give you an answer, this is an easy problem to solve.
ComputerFixer73459
2009-10-18 23:58:04 UTC
Log in admin account, and change the password.

OR Use OphCrack.
HEIMAT
2009-10-18 21:57:25 UTC
if you use windows xp then restart computer,press F10 and go to password option and press disable password..then start computer again.....
Meh, Internets
2009-10-18 21:40:06 UTC
Use ophcrack to try to crack the password.
2009-10-19 07:27:48 UTC
erm ring a computer guy to sort it out
?
2009-10-22 01:24:44 UTC
there are a lot of people have the same problem.

just see how they solved it.

https://answersrip.com/question/index?qid=20090805130953AAvpFuq
x Blondie x <3
2009-10-18 21:51:22 UTC