Question:
What Is The Best Anti-Virus Program?
2008-08-29 20:24:34 UTC
Well, what is the best anti-virus program out there today? I would like more of a professional to answer my question rather than have opinions.

At the moment I am using avast! and it works great.

Also, if the best anti-virus program isn't avast!, can you tell me if it has a scan function similar to avast! in which you can select a folder to scan for virus' and it scans.

Thanks.
Thirteen answers:
mgarretto7
2008-08-29 20:32:56 UTC
Avast is probably one of ,if not, the worst "protection" out there from a professional stand point.

Depending on your knowledge of a computer Kaspersky anti-virus would be considered the best, but it is an extremely interactive anti-virus if you want it to work likethe best.

If you just want something that updates often and gives you good low mantaince protection, i suggest trend micro anti-virus.
Tomas
2016-08-22 06:59:36 UTC
2
2008-08-29 20:50:18 UTC
Avast
jdvcn69
2008-08-29 20:29:11 UTC
Update your Anti Virus and Anti Spyware

Turn off System restore

Start Computer in Safe Mode

Scan with Anti Virus and Anti Spyware

After scan is finished and you have deleted the Maleware

Restart computer set a new restore point and delete all previous points.

Rescan with Anti Virus and Anti Spyware.

If you do not have Anti Virus or Anti Spy Ware I recommend Avast and Spyware Terminator. Both are free.

Download, install and update from these links

http://www.download.com/Avast-Home-Edition/3000-2239_4-10019223.html?tag=mncol;pop&cdlPid=10867956

http://www.download.com/Spyware-Terminator/3000-8022_4-10468541.html?tag=mncol&cdlPid=10873094
2008-08-29 20:39:06 UTC
Hello. I'm a support manager for these certain types of problems. Read on, for an in-depth view as to which Anti-Virus software is "best."

You'll find that picking an Anti-Virus Software goes between speed and strength. Now which one do you choose, and is there anyway to get both?

Two leading and well known Anti-Virus Software programs are Norton Anti-Virus and Spyware Doctor. Both of these are great programs but there are cons to both.

Norton in most ALL cases, slows down your computer dramatically to the point where the only thing left to do is to uninstall Norton, which in most cases is what happens, haha.

Next, you move on to something that is supposedly strong AND fast, now you install it, and find that it is very fast, but barely scans anything, and it doesn't protect you from the big bad internet, now you uninstall it, and stroll along till you find..

AVG Anti-Virus Software (http://www.avg.com) and you know what's great? It protects you from internet, files, self made computer problems and searches literally EVERY part of your computer, and carefully deletes what's slowing down or harming your computer so you don't lose anything important, and guess what...again? It takes up barely any space on your computer, which means it's an extremely fast and nearly invisible software.

There you go, hope this helped and best of luck!
tammo
2016-10-01 13:20:26 UTC
the excellent 3 loose AV courses are Avast, Avira, and AVG (based upon the end results of distinctive self sustaining checking out labs). i recently reviewed the rankings of quite a few self sustaining checking out labs and located that Kaspersky and BitDefender are the two excellent paid AV courses with those 2 swapping backward and forward interior the excellent 2 slots at diverse checking out labs. that's to not say that they have been appreciably better than some others, like Norton's. in many circumstances, the excellent names are all interior 2 or 3 share factors interior the checking out outcomes.
TULOA
2008-08-29 20:41:49 UTC
I would say CA as I use it. Although I found a method for a free copy through one of my room mates. It does a very good job and has a all in one protection suite. I is similar to eTrust and AVG seeing I believe they were once the same company. The look are even the same.

They also have a very reliable parental controls. I myself am 19 and my dad put it on his pc and forgot everything and who to disarm it. the only way to fix it was to manually delete parts of it and that still barely worked. In the sources I have included reviews of CA and its Parental controls. The parental controls from what I know since my dad got it came by itself or in a particular bundle of the suite. The software is called K9 Parental Controls. There
2008-08-31 13:05:16 UTC
avast is a very god anti-virus but avg 8.0 is the best right now i have been using avg about 1 years and half and protec my computer from virus trojan ect...... and works great u need to have any anti-virus update all you have to update it will work perfect and fine good luck
rookgaroo
2008-08-29 20:42:48 UTC
I've used the free version of AVG Anti-virus for years and recommend it highly. It updates itself automatically at a time you choose or you can do it whenever you want. You can choose to scan individual files and folders by right-clicking on them.
2008-08-29 21:33:10 UTC
Hi

If you want a free antivirus you can read this review:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-anti-virus-software.htm

There's no one "best" antivirus, it depends on your computer habits, how fast your computer is, etc. Using any of the popular ones are quite effective. I particularly like Kaspersky and AntiVir, because they are both fast and effective.
2008-08-30 20:17:15 UTC
Get one of these anti-virus listed below.All these anti-virus work very well,they are the leaders in the current market.

Kaspersky anti-virus:

http://kaspersky.anti-virus-download-online.com

MacroVirus anti-virus:

http://macrovirus.anti-virus-download-online.com

The Shield Deluxe anti-virus:

http://shield-deluxe.anti-virus-download-online.com

BitDefender anti-virus:

http://bitdefender.anti-virus-download-online.com
2008-08-29 20:36:17 UTC
Russian anti-virus Kaspersky is the best by far.
Look F
2008-08-29 20:41:11 UTC
I have "Spyware Cleaner 2008" and "Kaspersky" on my home PC.

Spyware Cleaner 2008

http://www.rnsafe.com/download.html

Kaspersky

http://www.kaspersky.com/