Question:
I'm trying to block a specific website on XP using content advisor, but the site keeps loading ?
2009-02-03 17:29:48 UTC
I am using content advisor to try to block a specific website. I am typing in an administrator password, enabling the settings and adding the website to the never allowed section. It is still allowing the site to load. What should I do?
Four answers:
2009-02-03 17:42:09 UTC
1. Click Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt

2.. Click Command Prompt This will open a DOS command window.

3. Type: notepad C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts

4. Locate the line 127.0.0.1 local host

5. To block the website google.com for example, just add this text under 127.0.0.1 local host:

127.0.0.1 google.com

127.0.0.1 www.google.com

You can add as many sites as long as you prefix it with "127.0.0.1".

6. Save the file

Google will now be blocked in all web browser. This is an advanced but easy method on how to blow a website.
Willy
2009-02-03 17:49:38 UTC
OK, this should work nicely. Click on

Start > My Computer > Local Disc (C:) > Windows > System32 > Drivers > ect > HOSTS

Open the HOSTS file. At the bottom should be this entry (unless your using e.g. MVPs Hosts file, but you can still add this under the entry)

127.0.0.1 localhost

Under that add 127.0.0.1 (name of website) – no brackets, leave a space between numbers and name.

Save Hosts file and exit.
tasha
2016-10-15 07:33:49 UTC
different than the protection putting in IE, XP does no longer incorporate any style of an internet site blocker. That function replaced into no longer added till homestead windows Vista. Do a seek for "parental administration" and you will locate various 0.33 social gathering softwares you may upload to offer you that function. even even though it is not close by to XP.
2009-02-03 19:40:28 UTC
You can use NetDog : http://www.netdogsoft.com , it's easy, just add the website to "Always blocked website list" in NetDogAdmin.exe, none will be able to open it.