Question:
How do I keep proxy users out my Invisionfree forum?
Wolverine
2010-10-23 11:59:39 UTC
Recently I have been flooded by spammers using proxy addresses. If I ban the proxy address & host they will use another proxy website to access the forum. I have recently added email address verification but a certain spammer seems intent on spamming the forum; even if that does mean he/she has to make 100 fake emails to do so.

I'm really not sure what route I can take, I'm fed up of this users constant spamming which can reach 100 topics a night. I'm not sure of this users time zone, whenever I usually log off the forum and there is nobody left to moderate said spammer will take advantage and continue posting pornographic images and links that can damage a users computer if clicked.

How do I get rid of this idiot?
Three answers:
Ob
2010-10-26 00:14:11 UTC
Proxies can be detected easily with the proper web filter. It's just a matter of picking one and installing it in front of your server.
2016-11-06 09:05:28 UTC
The Invisionfree people had a datacenter outage, such extremely some boards are down. (For some reason mine is on and rancid... hmm...) some anybody is asserting there replaced right into a fire, yet there is no decent assertion asserting so. Your records is secure. Brandon, the author of Invisionfree, says that the project is mounted. although, many anybody remains having the comparable concern. in the adventure that your server is server 15, that is going to be down slightly longer- he takes benefit of the downtime and changing boards and preforming an improve or 2. Cheers, Seddy
Helpful Harry
2010-10-23 12:53:05 UTC
Besides stronger authentication methods, I would look into simple web filter softwares that can do what you need it to do.

Also, you can look into a firewall that will block these proxy sites.

Dane