Question:
How to change/recover the admin and root passwords in ubuntu?just help me.?
?
2011-05-21 20:03:42 UTC
I am in the middle of a big problem.pls help me.I changed default permissions on home folder in ubuntu.(computer/filesystem/home/).Now i am not able to enter on my admin account(where i changed the permissions).i able log in on my another account.but that account is worthless.There i went to system/administration/users and group(to add a new account).But there it asked for the root password .i dont know the root password.pls help me.any help will be appriciated.
Four answers:
?
2011-05-21 20:27:51 UTC
it's very easy 2 break linux passwd.....

Boot it with single user mode......

Don't panic .........their u go

www.debuntu.org/recover-root-password-single-user-mode-and-grub
?
2016-10-22 13:47:37 UTC
activate and rancid the pc till you spot secure mode as an decision. Then click on secure mode. there'll be yet another admin account which you could use, and it quite is not password secure.
RAMACHANDRAN
2011-05-21 20:10:09 UTC
you can change the root password as a superuser

in terminal see for su account name and make other pass word as the admin
2011-05-21 20:06:37 UTC
yeah try this site http://www.debuntu.org/recover-root-password-single-user-mode-and-grub