Question:
My sister put a password on my computer?
La la la:)
2009-08-15 20:29:18 UTC
My sister put a password on my personal computer (im on my mom's computer). I have begged her to tell it to me but she wont tell me it. I told my dad and he doesn't care, but i need to print out my homework which is on that computer. It's a microsoft PC computer. Is there a like password that works , even if it's not the password? because i really need to get on my computer... or am i screwed?
Nine answers:
2009-08-15 22:10:20 UTC
Start your computer between the HP boot logo and the windows logo press f8 untill a black screen shows up.

In the black screen pick safemode.

Once in safemode click on control panel, switch it to clasic veiw and click on User accounts,

In user accounts click on Manage another account. click your account and than click you account. remove password, reboot and enjoy!
2009-08-15 20:54:47 UTC
1. Reboot your machine.

2. Press F8 before the Windows boot screen appears.

* Do not press F5 as used on the NT/9x series of Windows.

3. You will be be prompted with a boot options menu.

4. Select the Start Windows in Safe Mode option.

5. Click through several self-explanatory screens until your reach the familiar 'Welcome' screen.

6. Note that this welcome screen is limited to 256 colors and 640x480 resolution because the primary graphics will have been set to the Windows Safe Mode software VGA adapter. You will not be able to change this mode even in Display options, while Windows is running in Safe Mode.

7. Find the icon for the Administrator user. If the default settings of your system haven't been changed, there should be no password for this account.

* The Safe Mode Welcome screen might display some of the other users on your system.

8. Login as the admin.

9. Press Yes at the prompt asking if you would like to continue using Safe Mode.

10. Continue on to the User Settings control panel. Here you can change any of the other passwords for user on the machine. Make any changes you want.

11. Reboot your computer. As long as you don't press any keys (i.e. F8) during the boot-up the computer will startup normally.

12. Login as the user for which you set the password.

If it doesn't work above , you can try to use windows password reset 6.0

Once u have successfully logged in that computer, u change the password and dont let her use the computer....

TIT FOR TAT!!!!
Ice
2009-08-15 20:37:50 UTC
If it's XP and you haven't set an administrator password you can fix this. Reboot the computer and tap the F8 key until you get the black screen menu with white letters. Select safe mode and let the computer start. When you get to the startup screen select administrator as the user. If the computer opens windows, click on start, then control panel, then user accounts, then select your account and change the password. It might be a good idea to put an administrator password on as well so that you always have a way to get in to the computer regardless of what your sister does.
Chris
2009-08-15 20:47:12 UTC
ha! the same thing happened to me.if there is more than one account go onto that one.go to the start button than control panel than to user accounts than select change account than click the account with the password and than press remove password. Oh and one more thing the account that doesn't have the password has to be an administraitor. If it isn't it's easy to make it one just manage that account and change the account type to administraitor. I'm am not a computer expert but that's how i did it. you are not screwed.
Emprovision
2009-08-15 20:41:46 UTC
Okay, I've never tried this, but it's worth a try. When the PC is starting up, press F8 repeatedly until the Boot Menu starts, select the Safe Mode, and then log in as "Administrator". There is no password. If you can get in, try changing your password from there. Otherwise, torture her Jack Bauer style. Good luck!
2016-10-02 01:35:10 UTC
a million. Reboot your device. 2. Press F8 until eventually now the abode windows boot exhibit screen looks. * do not press F5 as used on the NT/9x sequence of abode windows. 3. you would be be further on with a boot concepts menu. 4. go with the initiating abode windows in risk-free Mode selection. 5. click by way of numerous self-explanatory displays until eventually your attain the time-honored 'Welcome' exhibit screen. 6. word that this welcome exhibit screen is constrained to 256 hues and 640x480 decision because of the fact the standard pictures might have been set to the abode windows risk-free Mode utility VGA adapter. you will not have the skill to alter this mode even in exhibit concepts, jointly as abode windows is working in risk-free Mode. 7. discover the icon for the Administrator person. If the default settings of your equipment have not been replaced, there could be no password for this account. * The risk-free Mode Welcome exhibit screen might exhibit the fairly some different shoppers on your equipment. 8. Login because of the fact the admin. 9. Press specific on the instant asking in case you will possibly want to proceed employing risk-free Mode. 10. proceed directly to the person Settings administration panel. here you could substitute any of the different passwords for person on the device. Make any ameliorations you like. 11. Reboot your computer. as long as you do not press any keys (i.e. F8) throughout the boot-up the computer will startup generally. 12. Login because of the fact the person for which you place the password. If it would not artwork above , you could attempt to apply abode windows password reset 6.0 as quickly as u have effectively logged in that computer, u substitute the password and dont permit her use the computer.... TIT FOR TAT!!!!
ShoebOp
2009-08-15 20:54:15 UTC
First, i would slap that sister upside the head. If its vista, and the password is when your gna sign on to your desktop, you need removable media like a usb flash. follow the steps from 'I FORGOT MY PASSWORD' and u should b ok. hope i helped!!
2009-08-15 20:38:09 UTC
sadly you are pretty screwed. What dad wouldn't care? Anyways take something of hers or something.
2009-08-15 20:40:54 UTC
You can probably contact an administrator who can help you out.

xx