Question:
What is the best anti-virus program for your pc?
Kevin B
2008-06-26 19:58:15 UTC
I need to know because i have a virus and i need to get it away fast
Seven answers:
2008-06-26 20:03:52 UTC
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite and ESET Smart Security are highly rated. You can download trials of both

http://www.kaspersky.com

http://www.eset.com/

The new Norton 360 2.0 is also good. Symantec has eliminated the memory resource issues that were common in the older versions of their products.

http://www.norton.com

You are going to get many answers because people have their personal preferences.

You can get free anti-virus and anti-spyware

Free AntiVirus

(Personal Use Only)

PCTools Free AntiVirus

http://www.pctools.com/antivirus/

AVG Free AntiVirus (New Version is great)

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

Avast Free AntiVirus

Avira AntiVir

(Probably the best but annoying sales ads to buy the full version)

http://www.free-av.com/

Free AntiSpyware

The Best Free Antispyware is Spyware Doctor Starter Edition.

http://pack.google.com

SuperAntispyware (2nd Best)

http://superantispyware.com/

Adaware 2007 (Most Popular)

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware

Microsoft Defender

Spybot Search and Destroy

http://www.safer-networking.org/

For more Internet Security Information, Please visit

http://www.pcsafety.info
Afton
2016-08-27 20:42:12 UTC
2
tuaamin13
2008-06-26 20:02:11 UTC
Either ESET's NOD32, or McAfee/Symmatec Enterprise edition. Kaspersky is very good, though expensive in comparison.

For free ones, try AVG or Avast!
machpharma@yahoo.com
2008-06-26 20:02:09 UTC
i have used a few anti softwares but among them i found the Kasper Sky is the best one !

Sumeet Patel

Ahmedabad
2008-06-26 20:02:43 UTC
-----------TOP TEN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARES--------------------

1. Kaspersky http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Kaspersky-Internet-Security.shtml

2. BitDefender http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/BitDefender-Total-Security.shtml

3. ESET Nod32 http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Eset-Smart-Security.shtml

4. AVG Anti-Virus http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/AVG-Free-Edition.shtml

5. F-Secure Anti-Virus http://www.f-secure.com/small_businesses/evaluations/

6. Trend Micro http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Trend-Micro-AntiVirus.shtml

7. McAfee VirusScan http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/McAfee-VirusScan.shtml

8. Norton AntiVirus http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Norton-AntiVirus-Final.shtml

9. Avast Antivirus http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Avast-Professional-Edition.shtml

10.Panda Antivirus http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/downloads/

If you want free, then I would recommend AVG or AVAST.

Choose one among them yourself.

THIS IS JUST THE REVIEW I MADE WITH MY EXPERIENCE. IT MAY DIFFER PEOPLE TO PEOPLE!!!

PLEASE NOTE TAHT THIS DATA MAY CHANGE AFTER FEW WEEKS!!!

If you wanna follow what I do myself, get Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (recently released) it has all the four security functions. Go and get it.

That will help you the best. You can get one year free subscription for a genuine license key too from these sites. [100% genuine]

http://www.techsnack.net/get-free-kaspersky-internet-security-license-key

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/06/09/free-1-year-kaspersky-internet-security-2009-version-8-license-key-for-subscribers/

http://www.mymytech.com/free-kaspersky-internet-security-license-key/

Good Luck !!!