Question:
How can I set a password??
sandi
2008-01-15 21:04:24 UTC
I want to set a password for my pc from accessories ->command prompt. Pls help..
Seven answers:
2008-01-15 21:14:15 UTC
Hi sandi.. This is the way you can set a password for your accounts from the command prompt..

Open the command prompt.

Type run and press enter

there, you see the c:/> from where you can launch the commands..

now, type cd.. and enter

again type cd.. enter

now, type net user (net space user) and enter

there u see the user accounts being displayed

now, for example, there is a account wid name as sandi..

to set its password, you need to type the following way..

net user sandi password enter (where, password is the password you wish to set.)

to delete the password, type net user sandi * enter

now, it will ask for new password.. simly press enter twice

then, your password is deleted..

you can even set the password by typing net user sandi * enter.. by giving your password there..!!

This is the way you can get the things done from the command prompt.

Sandi, are you now satisfied..? Is the purpose of yours on Y! Answers fulfilled.??
2008-01-15 21:13:21 UTC
It depends on what operating system you are using.

You can go to

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/149427

ie, net user yourname * /domain

Here is another site that shows many windows operating systems and different ways to do what you are asking:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_passwords.htm

FYI You do not have to go to "accessories" to get to a command prompt... you can click start > run > and type cmd

along with various other ways...

Good Luck!
viral_dmn
2008-01-15 23:31:41 UTC
it's simple yaar

do the following step...

Start-->Run-->Cmd then press enter

in command prompt

type

net username password and then press enter...

if u have a user name of ie, viral n want to changer ur password then type

net viral hijak then press enter,here hijak is my password
?
2008-01-16 02:52:04 UTC
type this in command prompt:

NET

and then press enter.
2008-01-15 21:49:30 UTC
control panel..go to User.Set yourself as adminitrator.. and register urself. and keep your password..dont do it from command prompt it takes time...
2008-01-15 21:31:02 UTC
Call the company that provides your dsl or cable service and ask for the "support" phone number.

Call them for help. Since you are paying for the service, they should walk you through it easily.
muffer_3
2008-01-15 21:11:00 UTC
why from command prompts?