Question:
Question about the Conficker Virus?
2009-04-01 13:21:08 UTC
I'm just being very careful. I have Windows XP on my personal laptop. This morning, I ran a scan with the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal tool and it came up with nothing. Does that mean I don't have conficker on my laptop?
Twelve answers:
ηο ɾiηg 4 Lεβɾοη til κοβε ɾετiɾε
2009-04-01 13:26:53 UTC
Keep in mind that its not a "virus" thats coming out today. It's just all the infected computers that has it already is about to get new instructions! Which could be harmful or just still personal infromation like your SSN or bank information ONLY if you put it on there. NO the worm just dont download itself onto your machine you got to be already infected with it.

Also keep in mind if you was infected you will know from non stop pop ups and error messages and unable to access alot of programs on your computer such as the control panel etc. Other ways to check if you really have it is try going to microsoft.com if you can view the page then your safe. Because this worm blocks out major sites like that to prevent you from removing it.

Here are some steps you can take to avoid it if your not infected!

1. DO NOT click on pop up ads. Always remember to click the X dont attempt to click on it if it freezes and wont go away just remain calm and continue to hit X and when you do so normally end program comes on and you click it. Now it may close out all your windows but just start them back up.

2. DO NOT accept files from ANYONE no matter if they family or friends keep in mind thousands of computers are infected already and your friends or family may of got it and they pretending to be like them and sending it to you.

3. DO NOT visit strange websites stick to your daily routine. Also remove limewire and such file sharing programs.

4. DO NOT download anything you dont know nothing about.

5. DO NOT accept a e-mail called hallmark postcard it claims someone sent you a ecard but soons you open it COULD damage your computer so be smart and dont take the risk just simply delete the e-mail without clicking the link.

6. Be careful of youtube and game websites.

Most of all shutting down your computer doesnt stop the virus if your infected. Once you turn it back on it will be waiting for you. So just be careful and dont panic. Also dont be clicking links on here. If you want to find out more visit the yahoo tech page. Simply go to yahoo.com and type in yahoo tech and hit blogs. Also alot of people are asking YES this worm is real.
Mavis
2016-08-29 19:17:07 UTC
2
ISK8BMORE
2009-04-01 13:33:32 UTC
It basically means that nothing has shown up on your labtop as of this morning. Now does it mean that you will NEVER get the virus? It's not very likely you will, but it is likely that you could. So far, over 200,000+ computers have been infected with the Conficker Virus.

I suggest:

-DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER, AS THIS IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM!

-Use safe Anti Virus Programs to run scans and protection. (Norton 360, etc) (McAfee is basically considered useless in this way).

-Do not click on any ads (WIN A MILLION DOLLARS, ETC)

-DO NOT OPEN OR READ ANY STRANGE EMAILS. (WHETHER OR NOT YOU READ OR CLICK THE LINK IN THE EMAIL, YOU WILL GET THE VIRUS)

-Never leave your computer turned on over night! This is another reason why computers are getting infected.

Heres a real expereince i had with a virus a while ago:

So, i discovered i had a virus. So i drive over to the Apple Store, and they look at my labtop, and they say i have over 700 Virus's on the labtop and he prints out the details on the virus's. The man says to me, "There all from Porn sites". Then i start to get embarrassed. Then the guy next to me says, " Don't worry i used to do that before"
Porf82
2009-04-01 13:27:12 UTC
depends when whas the last time you updated the windows malicious software removal tool the march one gets rid of the lates version of conficker and if you have the november updated the exploit that conficker uses would be patch so it wont be able to get to you anyways
2009-04-01 13:34:23 UTC
no it means it didn't see anything and that tool is not the greatest go to yahoo home page

than to yahoo tech read chris nulls article on conficker has all the tools u need i saved 2 tools nortons and trend micros from the article just in case i needed them

just stay on ur social network sites -lime wire -any p2p -funny mail u get don't open even if it is from a friend ( mail them 1st to see if it is legit)
2016-03-03 02:42:37 UTC
A virus that can get into your computer and steal personal information and then send that information to the creators of the virus. As long as you have updated antivirus, you're okay.
Fun B
2009-04-01 13:25:15 UTC
To be safe, try connecting to a secured website like microsoft. If you have an Anti-Virus program, you'll probably be protected, because they have released updates to help protect your computer.
2009-04-01 13:27:41 UTC
Confiker what? I bet you are one of those people that new years eve of 1999 had packed 2 years supplies of canned food waiting on the basement the Y2K Armageddon!
Horses Dong
2009-04-01 13:25:33 UTC
Try to boot into safe mode. If you have the conficker instruction set already infected, you will NOT be able to boot into safe mode.

No matter what.

So, if it boots, you good buddy!
?
2014-11-05 22:11:14 UTC
very confusing stuff. try searching on yahoo and bing. it could actually help!
mizzoutigersfan4life
2009-04-01 13:25:57 UTC
no

keep scanning ur laptop every other hour
AUGUSTIN B
2009-04-01 13:28:41 UTC
no