Question:
How to make internet banking safer from keystroke logging?
?
2009-09-13 19:43:59 UTC
I had the idea of going to my local library, where they use virtual folders, and starting a new bank account, perhaps using my cell/mobile phone, as well. Then upload that URL to flash memory/CD, and input it each time at home that way, so I would never type it in. Is this workable? Faults in logic? Your opinions, please.
Five answers:
Pawan
2009-09-13 20:03:37 UTC
There are lots of keylogging software, new and updated, even the virtual keyboards key are logged in.

You can try for software that checks for any backdoor programs like this. you get penty @ download.com

To be safe, make sure you dont check your banking details from any cyber cafe or your untrusted friend's computer.
Ed G
2009-09-14 02:53:26 UTC
Jerry if you are on Vista why not just use the on screen keyboard. Keyloggers won't work if using that.

Note after seeing the other answer about Keystroke loggers being able to still work with a virtual keyboard, I dug up some security news letters, from some of the top online security sites. What I found out was that the other answer is right, some keystroke loggers get the info as it's coming through the software. So a virtual keyboard may fail. Sorry. At least I learned something today.
Lucas
2009-09-14 03:05:15 UTC
You could also try this program: http://www.softarea51.com/windows/Desktop_Tools/Other_Desktop_Tools/Review-Free_Virtual_Keyboard.html or any virtual keyboard portable program, which means that you can run it from a USB stick, the program allows you to click with the mouse a virtual keyboard on screen, so should help with potential keylogger problems, the url idea would help there too.
Min
2009-09-14 03:11:43 UTC
Hi, Kaspersky I/net Sec 2010 has just created a virtual keyboard on the screen so you don't need to use yr keyboard, that will keep any key loggers @ bay. Good luck.
2009-09-17 15:19:39 UTC
Not a good move. The secure status (irrespective of any work around) can never be ascertained on a public computer.

Screenshot spyware, keyloggers, USB auto copy, and so on.