Question:
virus removal freeware ?
business_executive
2010-04-27 05:43:12 UTC
while my computer is protected by avast anti virus and as back up threat fire if i was unlucky enough to get my pc infected can anyone reccomend a freeware program to remove viruses and such thanks paul
Fourteen answers:
Gary
2010-05-01 01:53:04 UTC
That's a strong combination! You could use free online scanners by the leading security companies. Just go to the website & run the scan. You may have to install a small activeX control. Use at least 1 scan from each group.

Virus scans:

TrendMicro - http://housecall.trendmicro.com

BitDefender - http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

F-Secure - http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

Panda-ActiveScan - http://www.pandasecurity.com/activescan/index

ESET - http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/cac4.php?page=details

Spyware scans:

SUPERAntiSpyware - http://www.superantispyware.com/onlinescan.html

a-squared - http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/ax

ewido - http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan

AhnLab - http://global.ahnlab.com/global/products/myspyzero.html

CA - http://www.ca.com/us/securityadvisor/pestscan

PCPitStop - http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/exterminate.asp

Most of these sites require you to use Internet Explorer to run the scans

?
2016-08-29 04:48:28 UTC
2
2016-04-12 15:24:34 UTC
One thing i want to tell you is that there is no antivirus which is 100% secure. so which one will come good no body can say so as virus definition is quite different in anti virus programs. So I don't think that its useful to have a name for program. Do try with other software available Like AVG which is free and many more with their trial version. and then you can see which one comes good.
2014-08-14 17:54:17 UTC
Hello,

A very good software to remove viruses and protect your pc is Avira. It's an incredible free tool. Download here http://bit.ly/1sW3xOH

It's a must have program.

Cheers.
?
2010-04-27 05:51:23 UTC
Here is the top 5 free anti-virus programs:

Avast 5

AVG 9

Avira AntiVir Personal 10

Microsoft Security Essentials

Panda Cloud Anti-Virus
?
2010-04-27 05:51:35 UTC
run ur avast in safe mode

threatfire is a rootkit detector---avast has that

download malwarebytes.com has no real time protection

get online armor or outpost firewall- not both

run ur 2 programs in safe--- avast and malwarebytes

delete or let the program heal it

beyond that-- stay off the sites you go to and either go to a virtual set-up or pay for your protection

good scan to run

kaspersky virus removal tool- is free
Kelly
2010-04-27 05:45:34 UTC
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It's very good. Get it at www.malwarebytes.org. Get the free version.
2010-04-27 05:46:36 UTC
AVG, Malwarebytes or Microsoft Security Essentials.

Either use MSE or AVG (not both) but Malwarebytes can be used to scan at intervals as well as one of the others.
Woody
2010-04-27 05:45:36 UTC
Try this:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Free, don't register it)

From http://www.besttechie.net/mbam/mbam-setup.exe

or here http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html
2010-04-27 05:45:25 UTC
Norton Anti-Virus free 90 day trail.

Download it, when your 90 days are almost up, uninstall it and download it again

Free Norton Anti-Virus forever :)
tier1it
2010-04-27 05:54:17 UTC
malwarebytes combofix, spybot